Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks: Songs I'm Thankful For

I was going to write about the Kinks, but since it's Thanksgiving, I wanted to just write a brief entry about the songs I have been thankful for since, like, ever (the Kinks do cameo here, however).  I'm going more or less in chronological order of when I found them, or rather when they finally took on special meaning with me.  I'm limiting this list to ten songs, I think.

---------

1. The Clash - Lost in the Supermarket
2. Wilco - Theologians
3. The Beatles - Hey Jude
4. Bon Iver - For Emma
5. Arcade Fire - Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)
6. Pavement - Here
7. Big Star - I'm in Love with a Girl
8. The Velvet Underground - Pale Blue Eyes
9. LCD Soundsystem - All I Want
10. The Kinks - Strangers

---------

Have a great Thanksgiving, all ya'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment