Sunday, June 5, 2011

An Apology

I do sincerely apologize for the apparent lack of rock verbiage being said on this blog here recently, and I thoroughly blame my last quarter of university ever.  I have some new topics to write about this summer, and hopefully they'll be coming at a normal rate.  Some record ravings (x's Los Angeles comes to mind at the very least), and some other stuff too.

But a little tidbit...how utterly bizarre is this?



Weezer covering Radiohead.  You ask someone to define good 90's music, and 65% of people would probably either mention Weezer or Radiohead.  The voices of Rivers and Thom covered different spheres but they both totally represented the 90s.  So for one to cover the other is absolutely inane.  And I mean that in a good way.  You expect Thom's voice to slink and and Rivers just charges it and so the song is given a whole different feel.  It's complete accurate outside of the whole Rivers v. Thom thing and some of the guitar solos.  I personally dig it even if it's totally not the original.  It's just...different.  The only way to accurately describe it is bizarro.  And that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment